Hands on Field Exploration Geologist Job Vacancy - Africa
- Performing a variety of geological activities encompassing geological field mapping and exploration
- Prospecting, core logging, sample collection, interpretation and data cataloging of field data
- Performing detailed ground based geophysical and ground magnetic surveys
- geophysical, and geochemical datasets Other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science in Exploration Geology
- Registered with a recognized Geology or Earth Sciences National Governing body
- Knowledge in
- At least 2 year(s) experience in an Africa type mineral exploration setting.
- Experience with quartz vein, sulphide-hosted, shear zone, alluvial or placer exploration
- Experience with or able to learn the use of magnetometers and gradio-meters for mineral exploration
- Expected to speak English or French. Speaking Swahili will be a very big asset
- Nationals of DRC will be given priority over candidates from other nationalities
- A proven go-getter who is able to make own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under conditions of possible insecurity flaring at any moment
- Strong problem solving skills with a knack for ingenuity solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong computer skills in the using of various mining and geological software.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Performance bonus and discoverer's commission
- Ground or Air Transportation provided 2 times a year to Kampala, Uganda or Kinshasha DRC.
- Salary and commission is Reviewed monthly based on performance.
- Equipment, software and computer provided.