Mining Engineer or Mining Technologist Job Vacancy - Africa
- Responsible for the moving, rigging and placement of earth processing equipment
- Short term planning and scheduling
- Designing and planning soft earth moving activities
- Increasing production activities by using personal ingenuity and knowledge
- Recruitment and management of laborers;
- Bachelor or Diploma in Mining Engineering from a qualified College or University
- Computer Skills Required: MS Office Suites,
- Knowledge in Mining and Geology software such as Surpac and Orepack is a bonus
- At least 3 year(s) working in an African small to medium scale mining environment
- Experience working in a alluvial, placer, mineral sands or open surface environments
- Experience in creating solutions on the fly to rig equipment and move personnel accordingly
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - technical and non-technical
- Must speak and write both French and English
- Speaking Swahili or Lingala is a bonus
- Ability to reside in temporary accommodations
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Generous Performance bonus.
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Free ground or Air transportation to Kampala 3 times a year.
- Work Visa provided if needed.